Quality and Price

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelminski

I am a recent pen turner and having a hard time finding kits that have quality hardware. Not too concerned about price since I the pen making is not a business but used as gifts and for myself. Can anyone suggest which companies make the better quality kits, comparable to Mont Blanc, Parker, etc.? I have been buying JUNK at premium prices. What kind of prices should I expect to pay to get better quality. Ya get what you pay for!

-Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

WELCOME TO IAP!!!

Not sure where you are getting your kits but I buy CSUSA and BEREA kits from CSUSA, ArizonaSilhouette, etc. Not sure where you can get better kits than those offered by these 2 companies.

wudwrkr

Jim,
What kits have you been buying? What are you considering junk? IMO, some of the best kits are from Craft Supplies USA (www.woodturnerscatalog.com). Check out the Emporer, Statesman & Gentlemens kits. Berea also has some good kits: Baron, Churchill, El Grande. You can see these at ArizonaSilhouette.com. You will notice the best kits have high quality platings like Rhodium, Titanium & Platinum.

These are the finest kits you will find.[:)]

gerryr

Welcome to the IAP and I agree with Dario. Ti Gold, Ti Black and Platinum/Rhodium are the longest lasting platings. Berea also offer a few, very few, kits in solid sterling silver.

jhelminski

Thanks, Guys or Gals for the quick info. (3) Replies in 3 minutes! I have been buying my kits from woodworking supply companies and not companies that are pen specific. In a few weeks the finish on the metal parts will rub off no matter what price range I buy. I would be embarrassed to give as a gift an find the finish rubs off.

I now have credit card in hand and will surf to the company sites you all suggested. Penturns.org, who would have thought such a group, existed. Just a fluke I even found such an esoteric site as this. Anyone know of a comparable site for jewelry boxes?

-Jim (Again))

Scott

Originally posted by jhelminski
<br />I now have credit card in hand and will surf to the company sites you all suggested. Penturns.org, who would have thought such a group, existed. Just a fluke I even found such an esoteric site as this. Anyone know of a comparable site for jewelry boxes?

-Jim (Again))

Hi Jim! And Welcome! I'm glad you like our site!

Nawww, penturners are just too cool! Jewelry box people are just not cool enough to have such a great site! [:D]

Scott.

jhelminski

Scott,
Since I am just starting pens and presently make jewelry boxes, does that make me 1/4 tp 1/2 cool?

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom