Puzzle #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

got the puzzle done quickly... then hours to decipher the code..
confuzer says it was submitted.
Will I leave the loser train this year.. doubtful but VERY HOPEFUL..
Thanks for the fun puzzle bash team.

rblakemore

Twice?!?!

Thanks Edgar.
I still live in Friendswood, near Houston/Clear Lake; but, work in south Austin and stay in Round Rock. I drive home for the weekend.
When do I have time to turn pens now???

OK, I understand rules; I worked the puzzle twice tonight - do I win something for that??
I see the clue for the completion code; I saw it the first time and it did not register with my tired brain.
Anyway, submitted.
It appears that I missed puzzle 1??

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Edgar.
I still live in Friendswood, near Houston/Clear Lake; but, work in south Austin and stay in Round Rock. I drive home for the weekend.
When do I have time to turn pens now???

That's a rough commute & a lot of time away from home & family. I don't like driving to Austin, even occasionally. I hope you won't have to do this for too long.

OK, I understand rules; I worked the puzzle twice tonight - do I win something for that??

You definitely get an "attaboy!"

I see the clue for the completion code; I saw it the first time and it did not register with my tired brain.
Anyway, submitted.
It appears that I missed puzzle 1??

Yeah, but not to worry - we will have 6 more before the end of the month

Cmiles1985

I wouldn't ask my enemy to drive to/spend time in Austin!!

Puzzle related: I need to learn to READ before the next one. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to rotate the pieces the first go around :(

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
What in the world are you dong the puzzle on? You must be using a really small screen. I would suggest possibly doing a screen capture and then enlarging it.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #2 is now closed.

Results will be posted Thursday morning & Puzzle #3 will start sometime Thursday.

Thanks for playing.
Edgar

The Penguin

it was easy to find the creator of the pen.

it was a pen set made of olive with a closed end pen.

search the site for "closed olive" and it was near the top of the list.

Last edited:

THarvey

The pen was one of the recent featured photos on the home page. I just looked at that album to find the required information for the puzzle answer.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The pen was one of the recent featured photos on the home page. I just looked at that album to find the required information for the puzzle answer.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! That is exactly how the photo was chosen. It came from an easy to find category of photos on IAP and it was a good picture to use for a puzzle due to the patterns in the wood. It is unlikely we are going to just randomly choose a photo from anywhere on the site. Then again, we might! :)

Krash

My first inkling was that it was one of Zach's pens since he is known for working in olive wood. From there, it didn't take too long.

Top Bottom