Purple Modified

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

I've been working on these modified Platinum El Grandes for a while now and I think I finally have the procedure down.

This one's been done in Eugene's Violet Eclipse with pure black Acrylic ends. The Section is El Grande. I turned down the included cap thread piece and replaced the molded plastic finial with black acrylic.

I use one of these every day and I really like the light weight and the hand feel. The only issue I have is with the cheap molded plastic nib feed. Does anybody know of an upgraded feed or section that will fit the El Grande?

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSC01051.jpg
    DSC01051.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01050.jpg
    DSC01050.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC00973.jpg
    DSC00973.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dcannon

I'm hoping someone will chime in with a section/nib upgrade option, but there aren't any that I know of offhand. I have seen some that turn down the cheap section as far as possible, but without losing the threads, and glue a "sleeve" of desired material over it. It looks great from the pics I've seen online, and opens up some section shape options, to an extent. Still on my list to try.

Beautiful pen by the way!
Dan

Sandsini

Thanks Dan, I've seen the same sleeve trick, which looks great, but it doesn't change the poor quality of the feed. The feed on an El Grande just pushes in and I find that it loses the ink flow way too often, a problem I don't have with higher quality kits.

Cheers,

Top Bottom