PSI VERTEX II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

Well, my first Vertex from PSI disappeared. I think it fell out of my shirt pocket when I was emptying garbage! So here is my new one. This is made from another freebie from Exotic Blanks. I don't what it is but is was very hard for me to turn. Had to do super find/light cuts or it would chip. But I like it. I wanted a sharper ridge in the center, and I had it until I sanded and polished it.

Attachments

• 500_1613.JPG
    500_1613.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 500_1611.JPG
    500_1611.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Paul
Looks GOOD!!!

That is the metallic series, red. It's a commercially-produced polyresin. (Made in a plant in Europe) Shouldn't give you that much trouble to turn--but you got a GREAT result!!

Practice develops confidence---makes all "plastic" easier!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
At first glance I thought the raised section in the middle of the blank looked odd. But now I think it works really well with the kit. I'm not sure if it would have worked with anything but that metallic red blank either. Very cool modern look. Well done!!:good::good::good:

PenMan1

I want somebody with a Pen Wizard to make a blank for one of these that matches the design of the hardware. But, I'll bet it would be a booger to sand and finish!

Mark

Very nice. The blank is a brittle one. I used that on my daily driver and love the way it finishes. Nicely Done.

CaptG

Nice looking. I am seeing more and more of these vertex pens. I really like the metallic blank you used. You have a winner.

PaulDoug

I want somebody with a Pen Wizard to make a blank for one of these that matches the design of the hardware. But, I'll bet it would be a booger to sand and finish!

Andy, I've been thinking about that since I made my first one. I've pictured one with hex shape carried about 3/4" on each end fading into round. One of these days I'm going to give it a try maybe with a file and my indexer on my lathe. I don't have a pen wizard.

Thanks for comments. Not a woman's pen, my wife hates the look of them. I really like them, especially to use. They are very comfortable to me.

Top Bottom