PSI Sharpening System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I just got my sharpening system from PSI yesterday. It is currently on sale for $12.99. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LCM6N.html

I hooked it up to my JET mini-lathe and was surprised it works darn good. I haven't bought wheels yet for my JET grinder I got off of Craig's List, so I thought in the mean time I would get this. This eliminates me having to try to come up with some type of jig for the grinder. Pretty straight forward on how to install. The nice thing about it is that its something you leave on all the time. That way if I need to sharpen my tools when I am turning, I can slow down my RPM, sharpen, and get back to turning. I sharpened all my tools last night, and it works very well especially having the tool rest to rest the tool on. I tested the sharpness of my roughing gouge and it was very nice. Just what I wanted to see. Prior to this I haven't had a sharpening system to use. My buddy a couple streets down previously did touch them up on the grinding wheel but they needed some more to them. This did the trick so I thought I would share with you all. Beats me taking them someplace paying $6 per tool and then waiting 2-3 days to have them back.

Last edited:

2cor520

I'm glad to here you like it. I have thought about trying one of those for years but never have. For $12.99 it might be the time.

SonOfMartin

I've had this same system for a few months and to be honest, I love it. It's simple, works very well and doesn't require any jigs to be made or purchased.

Top Bottom