PSI Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I need a replacement knurled cap for a PSI pen. The cap is slightly bent and won't press onto the transmission. I could make a swage and repair it but why should I. I know PSI will make good on the part. What I need to know is who the person is that I should speak with rather than going through a receptionist who may or may not who to refer me to. I know a name has been referenced on this list in the past but cannot find or remember it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20151028_160053.jpg
    20151028_160053.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 103
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

The following was a response from a post about PSI dated 10/12/15. I don't have any personal experience with Tony but that may be the name you are looking for...

I've been dealing with PSI for about 5 years now and have only had 1 bad experience, and that was because I didn't know to ask for Tony if I had a problem and needed a replacement part (the kid I talked to was obviously new and didn't know nothing about nothing). Yes, Tony may ask a few questions sometimes (only time I had a problem with a blank he did ask for a picture, if it hadn't been for being in my first year of turning I would have known what I thought was a defect really wasn't - just not what I had expected, but he sent a replacement anyway) but that is because they keep track of the problems so they can spot a trend that may be developing with a part/kit/blank. They have never charged me for a defective part and have never charged me to ship it. Now, the couple of times I needed to get replacement parts for something that was not a defective part before the customer did something stupid (putting a pen in their hip pocket and then sitting on it seems to top the list) I have been charged for the part and shipping - that's only fair and I didn't try to pass it off as a defective part to get it for free.

The only negative that I can think of about PSI is that I have to pay a couple of dollars more to get it shipped out the same or next day (depending on the time I place the order) otherwise it might take 2-4 days just to get it shipped. Guess I've just gotten spoiled by the quick service from Woodturningz, Bear Tooth Woods, Exotics, Classic Nib, Signature, CSUSA, etc.

magpens

The person who is the chief trouble-shooter at PSI is named Tony

I will PM you with his contact info

Last edited:

Sabaharr

I talked to Tony last week about a wrong part in a kit so the name is current. Got the replacement in 2 days.

Top Bottom