PSI Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dankc908

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Pitting is a concern with stoppers. I have a PSI stopper that I have been using regularly for a couple of years - black TiN. So far, so good. But I've stopped using plated stoppers altogether and concentrate on either stainless steel (Ruth Niles) or silicone + dowel designs to avoid the pitting issue.

I haven't found a lot of really definitive information on this problem. CSUSA does publish a comparative rating of platings for pens, but there the issue is abrasion and wear rather than chemical pitting. Interestingly, Rhodium and Titanium have the highest ratings, followed by Chrome.

Fay Prozora

I just made 10 bottle stoppers but they are the chrome ones. I was told that the SS ones are far better as the chrome will break down and discolor. So in the future I will be using the SS ones and all should be fine. So I decided not to sell mine. I will just give them away or display them as they are pretty. They were pretty much practice pieces both with wood and the spectra ply which made over sized bottle stoppers. I do like the smaller ones better. Fay

Top Bottom