PSI Bolt action pen/pencil?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Has anyone converted the bolt action pen kit to a pencil yet?

I came across one post someone said they did but never posted pics or described how it was done.

I have a order for 6 pens and was asked if I could make one into a pencil.

Skie_M

I've no idea how you could make that work properly .... the bolt action mechanism only advances a set distance, which works great for pens ... but a pencil lead will constantly get shorter and then need replacements. I can see no way to make that work properly with a bolt action mechanism, unless you do some major surgery involving another kit's mechanism.

I do like the Sketch Pen/Pencil combo (from PSI) ... the lead is nice and thick, and the collet mechanism is well-thought out. It holds the pen insert securely as well as the pencil leads. The sharpener being built right into the end cap finial is also a nice touch ... means you are never without a sharp writing pencil....

Now, I doubt it would actually FIT properly, but if you could dismantle the mechanism of a sketch pencil (collet and all) and somehow fit it inside the bolt action kit, so that the workings of the bolt action will release the collet of the sketch pencil inside .... this might actually work.

You may need access to a metalworking lathe ...

The pencil created will not have a sharpener you can access ....

You will DEFINITELY need to drill out the bolt action pen's tip to allow the 7mm lead to pass through.

Skie_M

You'ld have to somehow fit the clicker mechanism under the bolt action mechanism so that working the bolt action would operate the clicker and advance your lead, but I think that option may work ....

You'll also have to shorten the click pen internal components so that it all fits under the same wrapper.

Refills would have to go in through the front ... unless you want to unscrew the bullet tip and pull all the internals out to get at the rear of the click mechanism to open it up for refills.

Top Bottom