Prototype Bolt Puzzle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This is my first puzzle and I'm now hooked:biggrin:
This is a working prototype for a swap on Eagles site. It has 19 x 12mm MS bolt shafts interlocked inside a clear polycarb box. Now that I know it works, I will make a solid block from wood or probably PR and copy the shafts using stainless steel bolts. The shafts are removed by rotating or pulling some to release another. It was fun to make, but I have blisters from filing the notches in each shaft. I only used a hacksaw and a half round file to make it. :biggrin: The spare ( mistake ) shaft in the foreground shows the round notch.

Attachments

• puzzle4.jpg
    puzzle4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 382
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Eventually!!!!!!:mad: Just need some polish for the aluminium block and it done. These bolts drove me nuts!!!!! :biggrin:
I didn't use Stainless after all, but trimmed the ends of the MS rods with PR instead. The rods were trimmed from 12mm to 6mm at the ends to reinforce the PR. The rods are stamped incase the new owner wants the code to rebuild it.

This puzzle is up for grabs if you know where to look. Nudge nudge,:wink: :wink:

Attachments

• PuzzleBits.jpg
    PuzzleBits.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 104
  • puzzleA.jpg
    puzzleA.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Aw, Steven. I'd never ask for a drop of yer blood, mate. But I have sent a pretty for your missus. (blantant bribe!) :cool:

My missus doesn't make pens OR puzzles, so how the he.... is your bribe gonna work??????:confused: When she went to bed tonight, she stuck her head in the door to my shop and I showed her the puzzle. Guess what she said:mad:??
'' You spent the WHOLE weekend making THAT?????'''' She closed the door without even saying goodnight:redface:

However, just cos you're a buddy, IF I get some free time before the raffle closes, then I'll TRY and add something (else:rolleyes:):biggrin:

Top Bottom