Progress?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Krudwig

Krudwig

Well I've not posted a pen in a while but I've been busy! I've learned a few new things and I'm looking forward to entering my pens in the BirthdayBash contest. I'm certainly still a beginner but I'm getting more confident in myself. I've started turning between centers and drilling on my lathe which are both a step up to me. I've started using gorilla glue to glue tubes and segments and like that better than ca, it takes longer to dry but has less fumes. I'm been really thinking about casting some blanks with silmar or alumilite I've been reading and watching video about it. So any way here is a picture of a pen from Smitty's antique classic closeouts. It's made of red oak with a corian segment with a copper piece in between. I'm not sure what number it is for me but still under 20 total pens so far. I've done a slim, European, Cabrollero, and these vintage classics so far. I hope to enter some in the Bash contest. Your thoughts and critiques are welcomed!
Larry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Looks like your ready to me. Great job on the pen. Also think about a slimline entry in the Russ Fairfield contest. It doesnt cost anythng it will make you a better pen maker cause you will try harder and its lots of fun and even includes some learning.

tgsean

Great pen, wow you've got some great ideas. Really like the fit and finish too. Well done.

Top Bottom