Program

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djpnevans

I am looking for a program that I can use for lable casting. What I want to do is set up the design then be able to resize it by putting it the size I want it to be. Most of all I dont want to spend a lot of money.
Thanks David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

If you have power point it can be done there. I use it for decals.

Most any photo editor can do this. GIMP is a good choice and free.

Make your label an image with separate layers and then merge (Flatten) the layers and re-size the photo to the actual size you want. Make sure the DPI is at least 600 DPI. Print at the highest quality setting on your printer.

The ink may bleed when casting, but you will have to experiment to see how to prevent it.

its_virgil

I would consider making the design pen tube specific and not try to resize one image to many different pen tube sizes. My experience has been "one size fits all" does not work well here. It is much easier and quicker to have a "label" for each different kit tube. I wish you luck. I use photoshop but would be using Gimp had I not already been photoshop savy and have access to photoshop. gimp is a photoshop work alike and is free:biggrin:.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I am looking for a program that I can use for lable casting. What I want to do is set up the design then be able to resize it by putting it the size I want it to be. Most of all I dont want to spend a lot of money.
Thanks David

djpnevans

Thanks for the help, I wll down load gimp and give it a go.
Don I will do what you said with the tubes thanks.
David

PaulDoug

Another free one is Photoscape (what I use) and adobe has a free site for photo editing. I believe on the adobe you upload your picture and than download when done.

djpnevans

Well I down loaded Gimp when I get time this week end I will have a good play with it. Paul I will give Photoscape a go to Thanks.
Thanks David

Top Bottom