Problems with Cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

I've turned about 100 of these and never had a problem but tonight when I was assembling my cigar pens I made the tip of the rollerball insert won't fit through the tip of the pen. It is physically too big and does not fit. I pulled out a couple of other kits and they are hit and miss. I thought maybe the spring was binding so I took it off and had the same results. Anyone else had this happen???? Do you think I will mess up the finish if I bore the tip out slightly????

Let me know,
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

I've had that problem when switching to a gel refill, but not with the rollerballs. My personal opinion, is that the problem is not with the refill - I think it's with the pen tips. If you have a good scratch awl, you can slightly enlarge the tip hole, and it should be ok.

dougle40

Another thing that could be wrong with the tip is that there could be a slight burr inside the nib hole which could easily happen with parts that are mass produced . Inserting a small drill (the size that the hole should be) and turning it by hand , from the inside , will remove a burr.

pen-turners

Will try to file them. I have a set of small round diamond files and will try to loosen it up a bit. Another problem I had on these kits is you can take off NONE OF THE TUBE while squaring. If you even shave off a MM it will cause the tip of the pen to stick out and not work correctly. I verified this by assembling one of the kits with just the tubes and it was still close. Guess the tubes are a little short that were supplied with the kits.

Tom McMillan

Yes, Chris---I had the same problem with the cigar pens---coming with tubes a little too short---I solved that by buying the long tubes from PSI and cutting my own to length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom