Problem with pen parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyntoni

I am still pretty new at this but for the past year and a half I have been turning the "classic" roller ball and fountain pen from Penn State. I like them because they look like old Parkers and have the o ring for a tight seal on the cap. I sell these pens in my frame shop. I started getting a couple back where the end cap had "blown off". Once or twice I could understand but I have had to replace about a dozen. Twice I have had to replace the roller ball tip. Now I understand if someone drops the pen, but I have found them in my display case broken. Penn State replaced a couple of these for me when it first started and said the manufacturer was looking into it. I have since tried to buy replacement parts from them but they will not reply to any of my emails. Has anyone else out there had this problem? Is it something I am doing? Is there anywhere else to get these parts?
I thank you in advance!

2007112192749_broken.jpg

Lynn the newbie

It is OBVIOUS that I am not a photographer and I am STILL figuring out how to post an image! Please have patience with me!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey, Lynn!! You POSTED the picture, nothing wrong with THAT approach!!!

Many years ago I sold that pen and, yes, a few broke.

I am not on the forum over the weekend, but I have a fair number of a similar kit from a different supplier. If you don't get a better answer by Monday, I could ship you a couple and you can see if they appear to be any better. OR, better yet, if you could use them for replacement parts (i.e. the threads match).

Welcome aboard,

Ed

Lyntoni

Ed,
Thanks for the reply! What supplier do you use? I still have a fair number of these kits and need to use them up, but I am thinking maybe I need to step up to a better quality pen.
Just starting I looked for "less expensive" kits...I pretty much know you get what you pay for!
Hey! It's ALL a learning experience!
Lynn

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Will check, Lynn. I believe they are 10kt from CSUSA, subject to change on further inspection[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

If you like them, I would be open to selling some (I have a couple hundred).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom