Problem Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I have a problem with two different pens, but the same problem so im sure it's something I've done

Picture one; a perfectly fine Majestic Jr. and Gentleman Jr.

Picture two; see how the point of the roller ball sticks out. If you press it on the paper it retreats back in to normal but next time you take it out, it is sticking too far out again.

Picture three; the real problem. That is as far as the pens will go back into the cap or out of the cap without some effort. You can fill the ridge on the nibs catching on something. I assume it is the end of the plastic sleeve that inserts into the cap tube that has the threads on it. Once you pull it past to get it out or push in past to get it in, the threads work fine.

Anyone ever had a problem like this. I thought about trying to use a skinny file, but i dont want to ruin the threads.

Any thoughts, help or hey i've had that problem too, would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0411.jpg
    DSCN0411.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0413.jpg
    DSCN0413.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 144

Russianwolf

first Q, is that the refill that came with the kit? (by the way, the section doesn't look like it's screwed all the way on)

On the caps, use a drill bit that's the same diameter as the ID of the plastic insert to try and ream off any portion that are sticking out past the threads.

If I recall, Ed had a similar issue with a pen recently. I think he had to do a full disassembly.

Top Bottom