Private Message Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get sick of seeing this notice? I sure do!
attachment.php

I try to keep a tidy inbox, but there is more that I want to keep than was allowed. My quota is a little higher than normal, but I figured if I have trouble keeping my inbox under control, maybe you do too.

So I increased everyone's PM quota from 750 messages to 1500 messages.

Attachments

• full.JPG
    full.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Thanks Jeff but I can't imagine needing that much space, I delete everything over a month old so the most I ever have is about 200.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
That's great for me - with the Birthday Bash communications, and mod communications, I would hit 99 percent about once every few months - so I've deleted a LOT of PMs over the years!

That will definitely help keep me a bit more sane around Bash time! :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Those of you trying to reach Dawn now have a "short window of opportunity"!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'd say a few hours!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

While the 750 additional "holes" are filled!!

kirkfranks

Jeff,
Thanks. This is great news. I just did some quick calculations.
I have been a member for 7 years in about 2 weeks.
I currently have 178 PMs in my mailbox. I don't think I have ever deleted any yet.
At the current rate and the new expanded limit I have just over another 52 years before I need to delete any messages. Yahoo. :biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, though I never use anywhere near that. Is there a feature that allows you to archive the messages offline like some mail readers I have do?

The only think you can do in that regard is to export them to an XML, CSV, or text file. That pick is at the bottom of the PM message list. Some mail clients and newsreaders will allow you to import those files, or you can bring the CSV into Excel to manage it.

Top Bottom