Primary Manipulation Custom FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's what can happen when you throw the color wheel into a batch of resin! This is a 7 color Alumilite pour. Needless to say I had to work FAST!

Here's the raw blank fresh from the pressure pot:

993397_10201116889302694_932455285_n.jpg

Then turned down a few mm on the metal lathe:

1185116_10201120407390644_615491364_n.jpg

It looks a bit dark and drab, but once I got it drilled out and turned down more the light hit it and WOW! I was doin the happy dance :biggrin:

I also tried a new shape. I really like the torpedo look. I think it was the perfect choice for the blank. The section is of the same blank, I just used a part that didn't have as much going on so it wouldn't be to overbearing. I purposely did a satin finish on it. It's sporting a steel Schmidt nib.

DSC03443 (604x700).jpg DSC03449 (558x700).jpg DSC03451 (648x700).jpg DSC03456 (576x700).jpg DSC03457 (700x429).jpg

DSC03459 (700x172).jpg DSC03446 (624x700).jpg DSC03447 (584x700).jpg DSC03453 (661x700).jpg DSC03455 (700x672).jpg

Close ups:

Thanks for looking!!!

JohnU

Over the top! Not only is the blank awesome but that pen leaves me speechless. All of those colors look fantastic together. Kind of reminds me of a peacock. I don't know how you managed to get all of that mixed in such a small window, but you are in the zone, Keep running with it! Front Page work IMHO.

turncrazy43

Jonathon, that is one awesome blank! The satin finish is just perfect for that blank and the colors. Great as usual.

Brooks803

Holy crap! That is one awesome pen. Not only the shape but the blank is just plain sweet. I believe we found the next IAP front page photo

Thanks James! That'd be awesome if it made the front page. I've kinda got a streak going with that. I've made it once a year since 2010. I'd like to keep it going!

Dude, SEVEN???? That's down right nuts to do more than one blank with 7 colors! The pen is gorgeous. Congratulations on a job well done!

LOL...yup seven! Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Orange, Purple, & White. The Purple doesn't show through as much as I'd like, but I can fix that easily. I had to be lightning fast to get it all in there in time. I was able to make them in batch of 4 blanks.

hewunch

This is why you my friend are the master caster! Now dare we ask where you got your inspiration? I hope not from the colors of your little ones food :D

greggas

Fantastic color and patterns in the blank and you created the perfect shape to highlight the character of the blank. This is one of the best pens shown on IAP in quite some time...nice job !

Brooks803

Stunning, would love to see your 7 color pouring system:biggrin:

Eric...

Thanks Eric. Sorry to let you down but no fancy pouring system. Just my two hands and a mold :cool:

This is why you my friend are the master caster! Now dare we ask where you got your inspiration? I hope not from the colors of your little ones food :D

Thanks buddy! Nah, Ayden's food isn't that colorful...atleast not yet :eek:. Honestly though there wasn't much inspiration. Just a thought and a whim. "I wonder just how fast I can pour alumilite?" Obviously I'm a glutton for punishment.

Fantastic pen! Got an extra blank you could send my way?????

Thanks Evan. Seeing as your only about 15-20mins from my house I bet if you were to come out one day we could probably find one laying around the shop :wink:. You're welcome out anytime.

BSea

Ok, when you told me about it, I really couldn't believe it. Now that I see it . . . . . . . . . . . well, I still don't believe it.

For those of you not familiar with alumilite, you have 7 minutes from the time you mix the 1st color till it has to be in the pressure pot. 3 colors gets pretty adventurous, and I have played with 4. But 7 :eek::confused::eek:.

I'm envisioning something Doc Brown (think back to the future) would come up with to stir 7 cups at once.

Either that or Jonathon is really
2487233-borg_doc_ock.jpg

Brooks803

Ok, when you told me about it, I really couldn't believe it. Now that I see it . . . . . . . . . . . well, I still don't believe it.

For those of you not familiar with alumilite, you have 7 minutes from the time you mix the 1st color till it has to be in the pressure pot. 3 colors gets pretty adventurous, and I have played with 4. But 7 :eek::confused::eek:.

I'm envisioning something Doc Brown (think back to the future) would come up with to stir 7 cups at once.

Either that or Jonathon is really
2487233-borg_doc_ock.jpg

LOL....Thanks Bob. Yeah it was one of those things you have to see to believe. I do like how I'm now associated with a super villain. I guess my devious side does show :devil:

OKLAHOMAN

Here's your new avatar,with seven tentacles, now all you need to do is train one to pour.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Johnathon: You may not have had inspiration, but you certainly are an inspiration. Now I must ask, that white roll of paper beneath your hand in your initial photos! Was that paper towel or toilet paper in case everything turned to ****??:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom