Pressure Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Anyone have any info on these. Theses were made in Canada back in the day by Webster, from London Ontario. I just bought on the same as these and it has no info on it. It's a 5 gal heavier than car, well not really but dam heavy. Has 8 clamps on it. Is all steel construction. I am thinking it would be good for at least 80 psi.
Lin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Fill it to the brim with water and start adding pressure slowly and see. That said, make sure it is a safe distance from everything or dig a deep hole to set it into in case it lets go. They do look like they were well made. Nice size to make a vacuum drying kiln with too.

lorbay

Fill it to the brim with water and start adding pressure slowly and see. That said, make sure it is a safe distance from everything or dig a deep hole to set it into in case it lets go. They do look like they were well made. Nice size to make a vacuum drying kiln with too.
Pete what will the water do other than show leaks.??
I was talking to an old painter(commercial/house painter) today and he was saying that when this style came out you would stand the whole 5 gal can in there so there was no mess in cleaning out the pot. sweet

Lin.

Curly

Compressed air has a lot of energy stored in it. If the pot burst it is like a bomb going off. Especially a 5 gallon sized one. If you take up most of the space with water, which doesn't compress, what little air is left won't do as much damage if the the pot lets go. Even better is to pressurize only with water but most of us don't have have a means of doing that.

lorbay

Well I filled it up with water dug a hole out back of my shop hooked up the air and let it go till the compressor cut out, that's around 115-120. Didn't dare go near it to see if there were any leaks. Lol. I will not be going to that pressure again anyway. So I am very happy with my $25.00 purchase.
Lin.

Top Bottom