pressure pot help on info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all can anyone tell me if this pressure pot would be good for pressure casting I don't know what the PSI is but it's £80.00 and it's new, it's a 10 Ltr pressure pot paint system with a 3 meter hose and fittings. regulator and gun are included. I'm very new at casting and need your advise before I waste my money.
Thanks guys
Mervyn

2008429213326_7a4f_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
That looks like a fancy version of the pressure pot we get from "Harbor Freight" here in the states so it should work. Be aware that it will require some modifications for casting. If you haven't already, check out the library and do a search. There are many threads on how to set up a pressure pot. Also if you do not plan to make it a vacuum/pressure pot (mine isn't) the set up is much simpler. You do not have to set up yours exactly like you read in any of the threads. Read them to learn the general principals behind it then set up your pot the way that suits you best. The only absolute is don't exceed the max rating of the pot!

sbell111

£80.00 translates to something like $150.00. The Harbor Freight pressure pot retails for around $50 (£25ish) and is frequently on sale for around $40 (£20ish). Surely, you can find a more reasonably priced pot in the UK. If not, contact me and I'll be the middle man and ship you one. I'm sure that between the price of the pot at my local HF store and shipping to the UK, you will save quite a bit.

Hi all, sorry took so long to reply been busy turning for craft fair.Cheers for the offer Steve and the sound advise might be the way to go mate, we want to get into pressurizing our castings and you know what pot to get to do the job, I'm a bit confused over the slight modifications I have to make perhaps you can advise us on that Steve. Get us a total Steve including shipping to the UK and your cost and I will talk to drewster is is my turning partner and we could set this up.
Regards Mervyn

sbell111

Give me a few days to price the parts and I'll let you know approximately how much it will cost. Also, let me know if you want to be able to handle both pressure and vacuum. Adding vacuum increases the number of parts you'll need, so if you won't be using vacuum, I wouldn't bother setting it up for it. Also, you can also add this later.

Finally, you'll need to determine whether our air fittings are the same as yours. If they are not, you would be better off just having me send you the pot and buying all of your fittings locally.

Top Bottom