Pressure Pot Basics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Sorry for the very basic questions, but I don't want to screw this up. I need (want!) a pressure pot to play with. I have projects in mind that I think will need one. I am not going to build one from scraps, and I don't want it to blow apart. I don't want to spend more than necessary, but I don't want to regret going cheap either.

Basic requirements:

1) If it can fit a 5 or 6 pen blank horizontal mold, it'll work for anything else I currently have in mind. Are they that big?

2) I'll likely have typical air bubbles. I just need enough pressure to take care of them. both PR and Alumilite.

Basic question #1 - I don't have an air compressor. Is there any magic to this? Can I buy a small cheap one and be fine? Any important minimum performance issues?

Basic question #2 - will this one work? Amazon.com: Grizzly H6330 2-1/4 gal. Paint Tank: Home Improvement

anybody with experience using that thing? It's made in China from what I can tell.

Basic question #3 - I'm going to need molds of different sizes/configurations. Does most mold-making material hold up well to pressure? I've been using silicone caulk to make my own. Better to go with one of the professional vendors here?

Thanks for any help.

PTsideshow

This is the best information on the net for what you need to understand about buying an air compressor. It will work for any brand compressors. They are high end at this site but the info is the straight truth.
Don't fall for the hype that some of the compressors company use.
Buy more than you think you will need as it is tuff to sell the compressor after you find out that it's output volume is to small.

People tend not to buy them when they ask you why are you selling a brand new compressor? and your and answer is it's to small. They tend to make excuses to leave!
Can't help with the pots as haven't used one in years.
:clown:

Top Bottom