Press block

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

Can someone explain what a press block is? Or direct me to a thread where I can find an explination? I'm planning to start making some El Grandes and I read in existing threads about the value of using a press block to avoid damaging the threads.

I'm a more experienced pen user than pen maker, I often don't understand the shop talk I bantered about.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

Thanks Billy

When I'll get more stars I'll be able to express many concepts like "piece of wood with a hold in it," by using eloquent and offical sounding phrases like "press block."

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Chasper

Thanks Billy

When I'll get more stars I'll be able to express many concepts like "piece of wood with a hold in it," by using eloquent and offical sounding phrases like "press block."

Actually, I think I specified a piece of wood with a hole in it, although I did hold the wood while drilling the hole in it. :D:D

Chasper

Sorry I got the whole hole thing wrong.
If I had taken time to proof read I would have held hold and typed hole.
But not that the whole hole is clarified I have high hopes that the hole will hold.

Chasper

Given my updated revalation about my location, in response to Ed's recently reduxed request, I probably should have added: Ho, Ho, Ho

Top Bottom