prayers please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russell Eaton

I got a skin infection on Monday. Tuesday I went to the Dr. He put me on antibiotics and it did nothing but get worse.
The bad part is it is in my nose. So this morning I am typing from my blackberry in my hospital room.
They have me on I.V. Antibiotics and hopefully will go home today. I have been here since Friday about
5 pm. Any prayers are appreciated. By the way, I don't even think it is turning related.
Thanks. Russell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Russel,

Yes, It has to do with turn(ing)..., you just having a bad "turn"...!

What in a heck did cause the infection, do you know?

Hopefully, the treatment they are giving at the hospital will clear that up soon...! How do you feel now, any better!

Get well soon, and out of hospital, never a pleasant experience being in it but, we all get our turn every so ofter...!

Good luck!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Russell

We missed you yesterday at the wood show!!

We are hoping you get better really quick, and are out of the hospital today. The docs hate the smell of CA, and the nurses hate sweeping up turning shavings, not to mention the other patients are bothered by all the drilling and turning noises!

Let us know if you need anything.

Robert

Jim Smith

I'm very sorry to hear of your illness and please know that you are in our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Take care and God Bless.

Jim Smith

I am already praying...

I have a recommendation of a natural product that you might consider when you get out. My 5 year old son has asthma and we both have allergies and this product is great for those and it has great antiviral properties.

Russell Eaton

Yea!! I just got to the house. I still will be on meds for at least 10 more days. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Now just need some rest....LOL Russell

papaturner

Russell greatly enjoyed seeing you at Rockler on Friday and have had you in my prayers. I know you are glad to be home and on the mend. Take care of yourself and hope to see you March 6 at the local mtg.

btw you need to give us a demo on finishing at our mtg. The pen you showed me on Friday was awesome.

Steve Busey

Hope you're doing better, brother.

I hope it's not turning related, but if they pull an Ultra Cigar out of your sinuses, you might at least consider the possibility. :wink:

(And I have heard that folks develop wood allergies over time, especially with exotics. Something to consider...)

Russell Eaton

Hope you're doing better, brother.

I hope it's not turning related, but if they pull an Ultra Cigar out of your sinuses, you might at least consider the possibility. :wink:

(And I have heard that folks develop wood allergies over time, especially with exotics. Something to consider...)
Thanks Steve, I had thought of that already. The only thing most of my turnings lately have been stabilized. I don't know if that matters.
Perry it was a nice surprise to see a "friendly" local member at Rockler.:wink: I really wanted to go to the show. I guess that you could tell that I needed meds kinda bad. By the way, the grinder and jig work VERY well. I plan to see you on the 6th. Russell

Russell,
Hope you get better soon.... what were you turning before you got the infection... not a doctor, but sounds like you may have a sensitivity to something you turned... and with it in you nostrils, probably you weren't using a mask and got some sanding dust up there as well... been there and done that... I got a reaction to a wood on my chest and took 3 or 4 weeks to clear up... and they only get worse... after you get better, suggest a good smock that covers to the wrist and neck... I got mine from Lee Valley and best investment I've made in this business so far... be careful with this as it can get serious...... get well soon.

Russell Eaton

Russell,
Hope you get better soon.... what were you turning before you got the infection... not a doctor, but sounds like you may have a sensitivity to something you turned... and with it in you nostrils, probably you weren't using a mask and got some sanding dust up there as well... been there and done that... I got a reaction to a wood on my chest and took 3 or 4 weeks to clear up... and they only get worse... after you get better, suggest a good smock that covers to the wrist and neck... I got mine from Lee Valley and best investment I've made in this business so far... be careful with this as it can get serious...... get well soon.
Everything that I have been turning lately has been stabilized. Mainly laser cut kits and some BEB. The Dr. thinks is is either Strep or Staff. I guess it was not wood related. Thanks for all the replies... Russell

Top Bottom