Prayer Request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

My mother is 87 and 95% blind from macula degeration but was managing to live alone with some minor help during the day and my sister living nearby. However we received a call today that 911 was alerted and she was found walking in the street not knowing who she was. Apparently she had some type of medical episode or a stroke, still running tests. I will be heading out in the morning to meet my sister and learn more but it appears placing her in a nursing home at the very least. Any thoughts and prayers during this difficult time would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tommy,
My best wishes and prayers for you and your mother. I just lost my mother at 87 last May. She was in a nursing home for about 4 or 5 years before she passed away. My step mother is still going strong in an assisted living establishment... she's just had her 98th birthday (I think... she's older than my dad if he were still alive and he would be 94the end of this month..

hilltopper46

It's a tough time in your life when you have to take responsibility for your parents. I think it's the thing that drives home that we are no longer children but are indisputably grown up. God bless you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Roy_Quast

You and your family will be our prayers. Take heed...... I know that prayers work. My mother, at one time, was given 6 months to live. She had an inoperable tumor on her brain stem. She was told to go home, be calm, and wait. Instead, she went to her church and the whole church got down on their knees and prayed for her. Two weeks later she went back just to see how much bigger the tumor had grown. They did a second set of X-rays because they could not find the tumor.....that was 15 years ago!!!!!!!!! She is still going strong.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tommy, I walked a similar path with my parents. It is the penalty for having them to be a part of your life for so long. It is a tough penalty, but I am glad my children got to know grandparents.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

UKpenmaker

My thoughts are with you and your family Tommy.
Our famliy went through a similar thing with my Grand-dad last Christmas and that was bad enough for me as we were very close. I can't imaging what you must be feelng at the moment, i hope things go well for you all.

jedgerton

A thought for your difficult time

I will remember you and your mother in my prayers. Also, these words have given me comfort from time to time.

The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot keep you.

Peace be with you.

John

TBone

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. They are comforting and greatly appreciated. We will be meeting today to place my mom in a nursing home for 21 days for follow up and decide about the future. Cindy, we've tried assisted living. The problem is that my mother stayed at home to raise my sister and I and her only income is from my father's social security. My father worked for a company, with no retirement, for 30 years. She makes too much money to qualify for assistance for assisted living but not enough to afford it. Amazing to me that someone who can't make ends meet, makes "too much" money. Either way, it looks like we will be selling her house to use until it's gone and go from there.

I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers, they have helped. Mom at least is sitting up and back to remembering who I am even if she thinks she went to church when she left home. Sometimes you just have to laugh. It's better than crying.

Top Bottom