Practical (solid) fountain pen kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosspen

Could some of you more experienced turners who make a lot of fountain pens reccommend a dependable, fairly simple to assemble, good selling style that is worth the cost. I'm not looking for a real expensive kit, but something that will stay together(I've read here that some of the caps are bad to come unscrewed) and I can sell with confidence. Thanks for any advice.
Hoss

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Mike,

There are many good choices. I have had good luck with the Churchill kit. It is a Berea kit, and can be gotten through beartoothwoods.com or arizonasilhouette.com.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've made and sold Barons, Sedonas, El Grandes and Churchills from Berea. I've also made and sold Jr & Senior Gent and Statesman from CS USA. All are straight forward, high quality pens.

gerryr

Russ's comment also applies to the Berea Round Top European fountain pens and rollerballs.

I would also add that the Jr. Retro from CSUSA is also good and uses the same tubes and bushings as the Jr. Gentleman and Jr. Statesman pens.

redfishsc

As stated above, the Baron and Sedona are great kits (berea).

The Jr. Gent and larger Gent are also good (CSA). The CSA "Jr Gent" is nearly identical to the Berea "Baron", but the Baron is a touch smaller and IMO nicer to use.

However, my personal favorite is the Sedona. I love the round ends.

Here are two I kept for my own use and I give them a thumbs-way-up.

snow_leopard_sedona_chrome_rb.jpg

blanco_sedona_fp.jpg

Hosspen

Thank you guys for the information. I really appreciate the sharing attitude of all you fellow turners. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom