PR stoppers, I'm on a roll

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Seems the wife has "Poly Fever"!
While making me some more Burning Sunset pen blanks, the extra 'goo' has been going in a bottle stopper mold. Popped the mold, let it sit in the toaster oven for a spell, and once cooled....I turned it! The way the coloring is going on in these, I may have to start offering some to everyone through the website(maybe).

BurningSunsetBottleStopper.jpg

Finished with MM to 12k and then two spins using MacGuires Plastic Polish.

Photo is a layering of four photo's in PhotoMatic HDR program under a 'default' setting, and then cropped in Picsas3. After posting the photo here, I need to re-think how in the world to get the stoppers wiped off and cleaned. I wipe it down and by the time I get the shutter released, it has 'fuzzies' on it again(ERRR!)

Scott (I'm liking the leftovers) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GrantH

Scott, this looks great!

On another note, do you feel you are getting much better color from the HDR shots? I think (personally) a perfect white balance or slightly warm with a lot of light may yield a better photo. I haven't shot HDR on small scale yet so I can't comment fully on how it's done. Maybe i'll try it this afternoon.

SDB777

Pretty much all I'm seeing from doing HDR on these pieces is just the 'lack of shadows' and 'blownout bright spots'. Of course, you can get carried away with the 'sliders' on the program....that's why I use the default setting.

Give it a try, I'm seeing a lot more people here using this method since I did that topic in the 'Pen Photography' section of the forum.

Scott (over 9500 views, someone looked) B

GrantH

I don't doubt people looked at your work, its very nice work and the photos are not bad at all. I just wondered the benefits over a light box with multi directional lighting. I will look at the HDR stuff and compare with my own photos.

Good work.

ctubbs

Scott, you might give an anti-static cloth a spin on the stopper. Often that helps slow the dust attraction.
Charles

micharms

The best way I've found to get rid of the fuzzies is to wipe the turning down and then give it a blast of compressed air. I use the cans that are designed for cleaning your computer.

Michael

Top Bottom