PR Glue-up (Almost a disaster)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I have some PR bits, some homebrew and some commercial, so I decided to try and make use of them. I used homebrew Black Pearl and Orange Inlace Acrylester for this one w/a little pick guard thrown in for good measure. Here's what the blanks looked like:

2005112242626_black_orangePRglue_up.jpg

And here is the Atlas I made with it, Black Chrome. I almost ruined it when the bit wandered during drilling. :( I'm hoping it gets the attention of a Bengals fan. :D

2005112242744_atlasBC_black_orangePR.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment as you please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Billy,
Wow, I was thinking what an ugly pen blank, until I saw the pen. I'm not in good enough shape to fit my foot into my mouth, so let me just saw "HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!!"
That is sweeeeeet!
Rob

Ron Mc

Billy,
Very nice! great job on the glue up as well as kit choice. This pen has a wonderful look and feel to it.

alamocdc

Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I'm hoping it gets the attention of a Bengals fan. [:D]

You should email both of them.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

BTW, thanks, guys! Since I was working w/small pieces, the hardest part was making sure the mating surfaces were smooth. My bench sander often took as much of my fingers and nails as it did the piece I was smoothing. [:0]

Dario

Billy,

That looks great...congratulations!

Thanks for posting the before and after turning...helps us understand it a lot more.

Great job!!!

alamocdc

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />The pick guard looks real nice where did you buy it? Nice color combo and I like the layout of the inserts.
Dan, I got mine from Grizzly, but I can no longer find a link to it on their web site. You can call them and see if they still carry it. It was about $9.50 for an 11" x 18" sheet.

Wow! What a great job! I use this particular pen at work everyday and I love it, altho I didn't like it that much when Mike first started making them. I find it comfy and quick to use with the twist top cap.

Your glue up is AWeSOME!!!!!!! What an imagination and beautiful pen to match!

alamocdc

Thanks again, all! Actually, Serge, they were way too small for me to attempt to cut on my TS so I used my BS and then touched up the edges to be glued w/my bench sander.

Texas Taco

Nice pen. I knew there was some reason I wasn't throwing any scraps away, now I know why. Maybe some day I can glue some of them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom