pr drop test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Heh, held up pretty well:biggrin: They don't do nearly as well thrown against the door. Or so I've heard.

Last edited:

oneptbuk

Nicely done, and very scientific too! I saw another similar video from Curtis Seebeck comparing PR and Alumilite. Surprising how much more durable the Alumilite is.

jd99

Yea but if it was a good one that you had just finished and had all polished up, and it sliped out of your hands it would shatter on the first bounce. DAMHIKT :wink:

Texatdurango

Yea but if it was a good one that you had just finished and had all polished up, and it sliped out of your hands it would shatter on the first bounce. DAMHIKT :wink:
VERY TRUE..........and that is why I have those Harbor Freight rubber floor mats under every bench and workstation. :biggrin: The downside is that the bounce created by the rubber mat quite often sends the piece into hiding, never to be found again! I'd swear there is a dark hole under my lathe bench because I've dropped countless small items that I have never found.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam

VERY TRUE..........and that is why I have those Harbor Freight rubber floor mats under every bench and workstation. :biggrin: The downside is that the bounce created by the rubber mat quite often sends the piece into hiding, never to be found again! I'd swear there is a dark hole under my lathe bench because I've dropped countless small items that I have never found.

Oh yes....don't forget the 'quick buff' before you take a pick and post it here in SOYPs.:redface::rolleyes:
Buffing wheel whips it out of your hand quicker than greased ligthning and smashes it into the back wall:mad:

brownsfn2

On the seldom occasion I screw up a PR blank so bad I can't recover, nothing is more satisfying than throwing it as hard as I can on the floor. It is a sick pleasure. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom