PP oninoin needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John Merc

Sorry Jorge not familiar with that brand. I can say that I did have a bad experience with a HF pot. Good luck with your search....casting is lots O' fun!!

PenMan1

I found a speedaire 2.5 gal pressure pot for $50. I think it's rated to 50 PSI. Is this a good start for casting? Any thoughts?

Jorge

I have one on these! It is actually made in the U.S.A. a million years ago. They were made by Brown Equipment in the 1950s. Mine is very heavy duty and has never faultered.

The only issue is the seal. Make sure the seal is in good condition. When the seal goes, you have to make your own as they are no longer available.

Linarestribe

Well I went ahead and got it. It looked brand new and pretty solid. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image-2231275129.png
    image-2231275129.png
    889.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1356860928.png
    image-1356860928.png
    785.5 KB · Views: 150

tt1106

Looks pretty solid. I have a Campbell hausfeld that is constructed similarly and have had no problems with it.

toyotaman

I have been reading about Pressure pots on here and other sites and I can see where you might need one for some items but my question is "Do you really need alot of pressure to do the castings"? I cannot say much since I've not done this before but wouldn't 30psi be plenty of pressure for most casting? Has anyone tested out the same items at different psi to actually see the difference that the pressure makes? I've heard of people casting at 70-80psi. That sounds like a death wish to me. So far this is one reason I haven't bought one yet. I would love to have one but I like my body in one piece too.

PedroDelgado

This looks like a VERY SOLID tank (and made in the good USA!!!!, I would trust it with my life). I don't think we need more than 40-50psi for casting. My tank is from HF and it was tested by a Machinist friend of mine, the unit started to leak at 120psi. We then set it up back with its 60psi release valve.

Top Bottom