Posting some new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gofer

Gofer

It has been far to long since I posted a few of the pens that come out of the garage/shop. Sorry about the photos, I am still trying to get a photo tent set up.

The first one is spalted Box Elder with some red coloring on a gold cigar kit.

395058931.jpg

The next pics are Stirling Silver Barons, one is wrapped in a Cherry Burl that I received from Bellsy in a trade and the other is a kit from Constant. Made a great Christmas present for some good friends.

395058928.jpg

395058929.jpg

And last but not least was an order from my best customer (and boss) for some pens for him to give as Christmas presents to his family. The pens and key chains each has a family coat of arms waterslide decal that were made for me be hewunch. The pens are (l to r) elk antler, water buffalo horn and African Blackwood on different caliber bullets. The rest of the pens and keychains are all African Blackwood, two Celtic Elegance from Wood'n Whimseys, 1 chrome and 2 gold 7mm Euros, and then 3 chrome and 3 blk Ti key chains.

395058930.jpg

I am having fun with this and learning more with every pen I turn. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way, including those who just share the knowledge and experience you have.

Please share your constructive or destructive comments, I accept all points to learn and improve. I need better photo set up and lighting.

Bruce

robutacion

Hi Bruce,

Yeah, has been a while, hasn't it...???:rolleyes:

The first and last pics, I didn't see before, actually I haven't seen any of these pics until today (I think...!), but I/we got to enjoy the touch of the pair you got in the third pic, oh yeah...!:wink:

That last "bunch" is a winner, no wonder why your boss and recipients were pleased...!:biggrin:

About the pics, I don't know but, I reckon is much harder to get decent pics than make a decent pens, huh...???:eek::wink:

Keep up the good work, that work-shop of yours, needs more saw dust, desperately...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

The gravity defying cigar photo got my attention Bruce. I've never been able to pose them quite like that. :biggrin:

Gofer

Thanks for the comments George and Larry, I am haveing lots of fun with pen turning ... right up to the point where the wife gets the mail and sees what I order for my "hobby".

Bruce

Top Bottom