Postal rates

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I know it seems it woudl be easy to just look this up my self. but for a couple fo reasons (horrible computer for one) it realaly is not.
I am trying to get 90 packages ready to mail tomorrow. But do not know what the new postal rates for priority mail are going to be. mainly the flat rate envelope and the flat rate boxes. Thanks for any help. I just need to figure If I am going to be ok on the charges when I hit the post office.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page=flatrate

Envelopes
Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes can be used for both domestic and international shipping:
â€" Available anywhere in the U.S. for $4.60
â€" One rate to Canada and Mexico for $9.00
â€" One rate to all other countries for $11.00
*4 pound maximum for international shipments
The dimensions of the envelope are 12.5" X 9.5".
The contents of the flat rate envelope must be confined within the envelope, using the flap adhesive as the primary means of closure.
The flap must close easily, adhere to the envelope and may be secured with tape if desired.
The design and shape of the envelope may not be altered or enlarged in any way to fit the contents.

Texatdurango

Dario, Those are the old rates.

From the USPS web site, the NEW rates are...

$4.80 for matter sent in a Priority Mail flat-rate envelope provided by the USPS, regardless of weight or destination.

$9.80 for material sent in a Priority Mail regular flat-rate box provided by the USPS, regardless of weight or destination.

Daniel, if my goodies will fit in a small 4x6 bubble wrap envelope, just toss it in the first class mail for a dollar or two rather than a priority envelope for $4.80. From anywhere in the country, I usually get first class items just about as fast as priority items. Priority envelopes are great for heavy things but I'm convinced they are not always the answer for smaller items.

warreng8170

Daniel, I agree with Texatdurango. If you can fit mine in something cheaper to offset the rate increase, go right ahead.

-warren

woody0207

Originally posted by Texatdurango

Daniel, if my goodies will fit in a small 4x6 bubble wrap envelope, just toss it in the first class mail for a dollar or two rather than a priority envelope for $4.80. From anywhere in the country, I usually get first class items just about as fast as priority items. Priority envelopes are great for heavy things but I'm convinced they are not always the answer for smaller items.

Daniel, ditto for me... save some $$ and ship mine a cheaper way if that works better for you.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, I want MINE in a solid gold envelope, with platinum lacings. Just like the last shipment.

Get it here the easiest, cheapest way!!!

And THANK YOU for taking the time to do it!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Actually, I just printed a label through Paypal. I used May 12 as the date and it charged me $4.75 rather than $4.80. Maybe that is the discounted internet rate?

MrPukaShell

There is a discount in rates when you use online postage like PC Postage, Pay Pal, click & ship or any other online postage service. There is also a larger flat rate box for 12.95

Priority Mail Flat Rate Options
Price Discount PriceLearn about Discount Prices in a new window Size
Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope $4.80 $4.75 12.5" x 9.5"
Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes $9.80 $9.30 11" x 8.5" x 5.5"
11-7/7" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8"
Large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box $12.95
APO/FPO
destinations: $10.95 $12.50
APO/FPO
destinations: $10.50 12" x 12" x 5-1/2

Go to http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm
and check out the prices. From what I read in the price changes everything you ship if shipping Priority needs to be in a "Flat Rate" box. Then use the online postage for a Postage discount, like Click & Ship and "Delivery Confirmation" is free. Here is the link for the Post Office take the time to check it out http://www.usps.com/

Safe Turning...........

Top Bottom