Polymer Clay and Segmented Curly Maple in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I managed to get downstairs for a few minutes and turn a few new pens. The first is another polymer clay blank that Gail did. The second is a segmented with scallops in Curly Maple. Hope you like them. Both are mated to Rhodium Jr. Gent 2 hardware.

1_pen-1a.jpg

3_pen-2a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Fantastic Pens,
Lovely PC from Gail, Fit and Finish Superb by Mike.
Curly Maple, Scolloped, Segmented Blank.
Superb Segmenting, Fantastic Fit and Finish.
A Special Craftsmans Work.
Congratulations.
Brian.

ossaguy

Congrats to both of you,they look super!

Love the vibrant colors of hers,and the excellent segmenting on yours.

Mike,if I could ask a question..... What glue to you use to glue the aluminum in? I have cut some wood that I want to line the pieces with aluminum from a pop can.Would epoxy be good,or would it show? or ca?

Also,is a pop can a good candidate? Or is it better to source flat sheets from maybe a hobby store? I looked at Home Depot,they didn't have anything thin enough.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Steve

Hi Mark,

This metal is aluminum roof flashing. Yes I do all my own segmenting and have done quite a few of these. I have not had much time for segmenting but am finding more time now.

Very excellent work! I assume you do your own segmenting? What metal do you use? Just curious.

Hi Steve,

I have used pop cans lots of times but this is roof flashing.

I use only Satalite City fumeless glue they are in the Vendor catalog forum. It seems to hold very well I have used probably 20 or so bottles of that glue on my segmenting. Epoxy can be used but I have had a lot of trouble drilling it?

Congrats to both of you,they look super!

Love the vibrant colors of hers,and the excellent segmenting on yours.

Mike,if I could ask a question..... What glue to you use to glue the aluminum in? I have cut some wood that I want to line the pieces with aluminum from a pop can.Would epoxy be good,or would it show? or ca?

Also,is a pop can a good candidate? Or is it better to source flat sheets from maybe a hobby store? I looked at Home Depot,they didn't have anything thin enough.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Steve

I would also like to thank all of you for your kind words.

Mike

Beautiful work would love to figure out how to make that segmented pen.

Have you looked around in the segmenting forum? I have a complete tutorial on exactly how I make these scallops. While you are in there look around at all of the segmented pens in the no comments thread. There are some fantastic segmenters here!

Top Bottom