Polyester Resin Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Great article Gary. I've been looking for some of those acetate tubes like cutting tools come in (usually endmills) for use as molds. There should be places that have lots of that stuff. I'm having a hard time finding it. That stuff is clear so you would see your resin, and it is flexible and smooth, so it should release the part without need for Vaseline orr other mold releases. If it didn't release, they should be cheap enough to just cut them off with an Xacto or even turn them with the resin. Does anyone have an idea wher to look for those. Hmm, maybe McMaster Carr?

btboone

Hi John, Fred also had mentioned that Woodturningz has them as pen protector tubes, complete with caps. These would be a perfect size for casting pens.

wayneis

I believe that it's PSI that has some 3/4" round tubes, it doesn't make a difference but woodturnz tubes are square, thinking cost not shape. Also I'm sending Mike O'brien 50 3/4" round tubes on Monday but then I'm about all taped out.

Wayne

elody21

For molds I use the clear packageing from a jumbo marker ! It is 3/4" and mostly round with the top flat. I used vasiline in it first and it popped right out!

Fred in NC

Yes, Alice, you just crossed the second landmark! Congrats for your new star!

And, thanks for all the info you are making available to us. It is much appreciated. You do beautiful work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom