Poll: Do you get a flu shot?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Poll: Do you get a flu shot?

• Total voters

PenWorks

This doesn't have much to do with penturning, other than,
when you have the flu, you sure don't feel like turning.

Do you get a FLU shot?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I know my reasoning is bad, but my wife takes it every year and every year she gets the flu. I never take it and don't remember the last time I had the flu. That said, I'll probably get the flu this year.

PenWorks

I may have gotten one or two a long time ago, but about 8 years ago, a good friend of mine, his wife got a flu shot. She was about
55. It left her paralized and she died 3 months later. Since that, I have taken my chances without.

alamocdc

No way! I've had the flu twice in my life and both times it immediately followed my annual "mandatory" military flu shot. I was fortunate enough to be able to weasel out of it the last three years.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Coming in contact with hundreds of thousands of craft-show goers each year, Dawn and I both get a cold just before Christmas. However, after working 18 hour days, 6 days a week for several weeks, we both figure that's gonna happen, no matter what.

So, we don't find time to get shots - nor do I want to.

txbatons

I'm a teacher. And even though I've built up a good snotty-kid immunity system over the past two decades, I still get a flu shot here at school since the school pays for it. The only time I've gotten sick with the flu has been the years when I missed the shots. Wife doesn't let me miss anymore!

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
When my children were growing up they would almost inevitably bring home some kinda germ...and share it.
I started taking the shot (it was offered free at work) and haven't had the flu since (knocking on wood now).

Randy_

Flu shots, like many other subjects, can be a little conroversial and not everyone is convinced they are safe. That being said, the latest statistics from the CDC says that 200,000 people in the US are hospitalized every year for complications from the flu and that about 36,000 die every year.

Everyone has to make their own decision on the subject.....I have been getting them for quite a few years now and believe them to have benefitted me.

Daniel

I am one of those that seems to only get the flu if I did get the shot. I havn't gotten one for the last two years although my work does offer them.

airrat

With having Asthma and such, I get them. I still get sick once during the holiday season. But with getting up every morning at 5 am and going to bed at Midnight or later ( except my 2 days off I get up at 530 and bed by 10) I am likely to get sick

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by alamocdc

No way! I've had the flu twice in my life and both times it immediately followed my annual "mandatory" military flu shot. I was fortunate enough to be able to weasel out of it the last three years.

I am a weasel too.... Man, they used to act like it was a personal insult that I refused to get a flu shot!

I even had the corpsman threaten to have me held down and given a shot... I stood up, glared at the guy right in the eyes and said "go ahead and try" ... you know, that old macho bluff :D ... guess it worked cause I didn't get any flu shot [:p]

drawknife

I've taken the shot and have gotten sick. I've not taken it and gotten sick also. Also I've found that if you take the shot it takes approximately a week to get over it, if you get sick without taking it, it takes about seven days.

mdburn_em

I take the shot.

I still am trying to figure out the difference between the flu and a cold.

The flu shot is a piece of cake...now those Anthrax shots...those were bad.[xx(]

MikeyMike

I was forced to have a swine flu shot while I was in the Navy. By midnight, I had a 104 fever and projectile vomiting. I was bedrest for five days.

That was the _last_ flu shot I've ever had. I haven't had the flu, either.

denaucoin

Had the flu shot as always, for the past 40 years, since I was in the USN. This year I got the flu and was bedridden for 4 days. Everything hurt, so while I was in bed I heard the news that the flu shot was ineffective this year. I could have told them that.

palmermethod

My oldest daughter is a teacher and my two grandkids are daycare or kindergarten. Whatever goes around in their schools eventually ends up in my house. This year has been better than the previous years but we still have some sort of flu or cold about half the winter.

As a senior though we did get the Shingles shot also. An acquaintance of ours had shingles last year and it is very bad. Painful and a long recovery. Old guys: We need this shot.

thetalbott4

My wife brings them home from work (she's in the medical profession) and stabs us without warning. Not as mean as it sounds, cuz we'd all run if we knew she had them. Anyway, other than the occasional cold, we dont get the flu. I used to get it once or twice a year before the shot. Seems to work for us.

RMB

No shots for me. I'm 20 years old, eat my veggies, fit as a racehorse, run 20 miles a day, benchpress twice my weight,read an encyclopedia a day, get 12 hours of sleep, work 18 hours a day, and jump skyscrapers, all with my eyes closed in a straight-jacket. Ok, so I exagerate a bit too... but I really have a good immune system I think. In fact I believe I'm actually immune to Salmonella from getting it so many times.

R2

Yep. Been doing it for several years and haven't had the 'flu in that time.
I can appreciate your concerns Cav. I,ve had shots for just about every disease known to man. Been put on HIV watch a couple of times after being bitten by kids.

pianomanpj

I've never had a flu shot before, and never got the flu. I didn't get it this year either, but guess what? I'm into my second week of being sick![xx(] On the other hand, the flu has been so widespread in this area (mid-Maine) that it's impossible to not come in contact with someone that is infected. Matter of fact, my girlfriend's daughter's school was in the news a few weeks back since more than HALF of the student body was out sick![B)]

Top Bottom