Polka dot fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
For the life of me I can't remember the name of this kit:redface:

This was just a quick bit of fun really, but the blue dots are a bit wishy washy and the tube can be seen through a couple of them as they are so thin. I also changed the kit to see if a gold one would look better. Not sure either way.

Nothing fancy, but it was an exercise in index drilling using the lathe headstock main gear as the index (40 teeth )
The dots reduce in size by 0.5mm but the gap between the dots remains the same.
I made this while giving my fingers a break from sanding down the steel WTC pen. :biggrin:

Thanks for lookin':wink:

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 272
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I thought I would like the chrome colored hardware better but he gold also looks great. I guess you have made one that is kit color insensitive. Looks great either way. Nice pen.

Awesome, love the spiral look :biggrin: and it appears you have lined up the cap and body very well.

Last edited:
Awesome pen. I like the kit.What's it called ?,and where can you get them?

It appears to be a Pristina, you can get them from Timberbits. Not sure if any vendors here have them.
Pen Making :: Rollerball and Fountain Pen Kits :: Pristina Pen Kits - Pen Kits, Pen blanks, Clock Kits and wood turning accessories.

Really nice pen.

You can get the Pristina RB and FB from Classic Nib.
CLASSIC NIB - TIMBERBITS FOUNTAIN AND ROLLER BALL

Awesome pen. I like the kit.What's it called ?,and where can you get them?

It appears to be a Pristina, you can get them from Timberbits. Not sure if any vendors here have them.
Pen Making :: Rollerball and Fountain Pen Kits :: Pristina Pen Kits - Pen Kits, Pen blanks, Clock Kits and wood turning accessories.

Really nice pen.

You can get the Pristina RB and FB from Classic Nib.
CLASSIC NIB - TIMBERBITS FOUNTAIN AND ROLLER BALL

Thank you
I knew they had the Roman Harvest and the Spring Blossom, did not know they had the Pristina also.

Back
Top Bottom