poison ivy pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by bonefish
<br />Would the toxin be in the vines as well? I know it is in the leaves and it's possible, but I don't know how to find out, that the toxin might not be in the wood itself.

I'm not going to chew any of it, or rub the sap on my skin, but it still would be interesting to know if it is safe after it has dried out.

Yes, in the vines. Drying does not eliminate the toxins. Best advice, don't use it for anything.

woodpens

I spent one of the last 12 months covered in poison ivy rash. All I did was touch a rope I used to drag a small tree that I suspected had poison ivy on it to a burn pile. I immediately washed my upper body just in case I came in contact with it. I was soon covered in busted blisters all over my arms, stomach and legs. I never had any problem with PI as a child. This was a first for me. It also happened to be during the Christmas rush for pen orders. It was pure misery. If I were a judge hearing a case where someone sold a product made of poison ivy, it would be an open & shut case for negligence on the part of the seller. No questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom