PITH with Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

naynay

I participated in my first PITH ever. I have been turning pens for 3 months now so I didn't think anyone would want to get into a PITH with a neophite as myself. Steve Johnson not only accepted the challenge but he showed up and showed out. Steve only does segmented pens so he sent me one along with different ink refills. I can't image turning a segmented pen but I am always open to something new. I received this pen from Steve showing me his craftmanship. I knew a Sierra/Gatsby wasn't going to cut it so as much as I wanted to keep the blank for myself, I turned a blank casted by Kenny Durrant (thanks Kenny) out of Texas. I turned a 30 caliber bolt action pen with a rattlesnake resien blank. I am sure Steve will post the pen up when he receives his mail. Along with a great pen, I received a box of blanks which I've cut and will be drilling out soon. Steve requested me not to send him blanks which bummed me out so I sent some cutoffs from pens I turned in the event he wants to use them for a segmented pen. Thank you Steve for accepting my PITH offer and thank you for the blanks.

IMG_8177[1].JPG

IMG_8245[1].JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

I participated in my first PITH ever. I have been turning pens for 3 months now so I didn't think anyone would want to get into a PITH with a neophite as myself. Steve Johnson not only accepted the challenge but he showed up and showed out. Steve only does segmented pens so he sent me one along with different ink refills. I can't image turning a segmented pen but I am always open to something new. I received this pen from Steve showing me his craftmanship. I knew a Sierra/Gatsby wasn't going to cut it so as much as I wanted to keep the blank for myself, I turned a blank casted by Kenny Durrant (thanks Kenny) out of Texas. I turned a 30 caliber bolt action pen with a rattlesnake resien blank. I am sure Steve will post the pen up when he receives his mail. Along with a great pen, I received a box of blanks which I've cut and will be drilling out soon. Steve requested me not to send him blanks which bummed me out so I sent some cutoffs from pens I turned in the event he wants to use them for a segmented pen. Thank you Steve for accepting my PITH offer and thank you for the blanks.

IMG_8177[1].JPG

IMG_8245[1].JPG
Sounds great!

I'm unable to see the pictures though.

naynay

IMG_8177[1].JPG

IMG_8245[1].JPG
Here are pictures. I had this post moved to it's own post as I accidentally hijacked another PITH post.
IMG_8177[2].JPG
IMG_8245[1].JPG

egnald

Very Cool - I'm glad you had a great experience. I really enjoy doing the PITH exchanges. I'm guessing one will be organized as part of the IAP anniversary celebration next spring. - Dave

naynay

Looks like you got a great deal. Steve does some very nice work.
I didn't expect not one blank. I expected a pen for a pen and Steve gave me woods I've never even heard of. I'm excited. Going to drill out a few now to turn in the next two days. I hope he isn't terribly mad that I sent cutoffs since he asked that I send no blanks.

Top Bottom