PITH pen for Idlemind

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bucurestean

Bucurestean

This is the pen I made for Idlemind (David). It is a black chrome Panache dressed in curly movingui with CA/BLO finish. The stand is glued up plywood, turned and carved. This was the first time I used this wood and I really liked the chatoyance. Now I have to make one for myself. :)

Attachments

• 000_0070_1.JPG
    000_0070_1.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_3458_2.JPG
    100_3458_2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_3459_2.JPG
    100_3459_2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_6611.jpg
    100_6611.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

The pen looks great but the stand really caught my attention. That's a great idea! I'm sure they will be greatly enjoyed!

theidlemind

Nice Pen, huh!!
and the stand really sets it off.
It is all setting on my mantle in the "place of honor" until I get my office set up again.
Very classy......and beautiful finish.
Roller Ball under the cap.

brownell10

This is the pen I made for Idlemind (David). It is a black chrome Panache dressed in curly movingui with CA/BLO finish. The stand is glued up plywood, turned and carved. This was the first time I used this wood and I really liked the chatoyance. Now I have to make one for myself. :)

My supplier's plywood doesn't have any chatoyance. I'm getting ripped off!

Beautiful piece, I really love the shape.

Bucurestean

My supplier's plywood doesn't have any chatoyance. I'm getting ripped off!

Beautiful piece, I really love the shape.

Almost all plywood has chatoyance. It is mostly just a matter of finish. :) Just check Stephen Gleasner's website. You are right though, I was reffering to the curly movingui. :)

Top Bottom