PITH from LDUBIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

I received my PITH pens from LDUBIA. A pen for both me and my wife. The first is a cast painting done by Larry with African Blackwood on the barrel. It is a spring scene with lots of color. The second is dyed cottonwood. Both are made from Barona kits. He tells me they are some combination of Baron and Serona. A couple of nice pens with great finish and feel.

The painting looks like a miniature oil painting with lots of details like flowers, birds, fruit and a person sitting on a bench.

Larry also included a number of blanks which I look forward to turning. It includes some stabilized, some rescued wood, and some cast. None of the blanks represent ones which I have turned before! Sweet deal.

Also, I suggest taking a look at his facebook page where he highlights some of the other things he turns. Larry impresses me as very modest and may not want me to post the facebook address, so you will have to find it yourself, unless he decides to post it or gives me permission. In my opinion it really is worth the trouble!

Steve

Attachments

• Pith Pens LDUBIA2 resize.JPG
    Pith Pens LDUBIA2 resize.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Pith Pens LDUBIA resize.jpg
    Pith Pens LDUBIA resize.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 129

ToddMR

The painted scene pen looks amazing to me. IMO that takes some real talent. You received a couple nice pens there.

ldubia

I received my PITH pens from LDUBIA. A pen for both me and my wife. The first is a cast painting done by Larry with African Blackwood on the barrel. It is a spring scene with lots of color. The second is dyed cottonwood. Both are made from Barona kits. He tells me they are some combination of Baron and Serona. A couple of nice pens with great finish and feel.

The painting looks like a miniature oil painting with lots of details like flowers, birds, fruit and a person sitting on a bench.

Larry also included a number of blanks which I look forward to turning. It includes some stabilized, some rescued wood, and some cast. None of the blanks represent ones which I have turned before! Sweet deal.

Also, I suggest taking a look at his Facebook page where he highlights some of the other things he turns. Larry impresses me as very modest and may not want me to post the Facebook address, so you will have to find it yourself, unless he decides to post it or gives me permission. In my opinion it really is worth the trouble!

Steve

Thanks Steve, for the glowing remarks. I had a lot of fun making those pens for you. The painting was a new venture I am working on. I am not an artist in that sense but gave it my best work. That gave me a lot of grief to work out but the end result was really worth it.

Please see my Facebook page under Mystic Woods Creations.

Top Bottom