Pink Ribbon Gatsby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

This is only my second laser-cut body and first from Laserlinez. I think it came out pretty good overall, but I think I'll try coating the inside with black paint before gluing the tube in next time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

Nice work on the lazer pen. I haven't tried one, but I don't like to paint if I don't really feel that I have to.

I think I would skip the black paint and instead try to fill with some CA while sanding. I think once everything is filled in, a light sanding and a nice finish will go a long way.

How do you like the click mechanism on this style. I haven't tried this style of click yet either.

Last edited:

woodgraver

I think it looks great!

I guess I'm always looking for a shortcut, I just mixed some dye with 5 min epoxy and it worked great. I've made a few laser cut pen kits this way and it seems to work for me.

I also ordered 10 of these click pen kits and find that most people like the twist mechanism over the click, I am in that camp too.

76winger

Nice work on the lazer pen. I haven't tried one, but I don't like to paint if I don't really feel that I have to.

I think I would skip the black paint and instead try to fill with some CA while sanding. I think once everything is filled in, a light sanding and a nice finish will go a long way.

How do you like the click mechanism on this style. I haven't tried this style of click yet either.

The click mechanism works great (just remember to put it in before you press on the top collar (yes experience)).

As far as a preference, I like the action of the click version, however I like the appearance of the twist versions better.

Top Bottom