Pink Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Can anyone assist in my attempt to make pink pen tops for bullet pens from maple wood. Would you turn to shape, seal with thin ca glue, paint the pink and then finish with medium ca glue? Any info greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

My wife the fiber person tells me that pink is a challenge for her to dye and get the hue she wants.

I think you will want paint to cover or tone the colors in a lot of maple, especially is you have some tan hues or brown in the wood as can be common in maple. I paint/glaze/tone and back sand to smooth and adjust and finish over the paint for a wear coat.

Test first before using ca as some paint do not behave well with ca.

Last edited:

nava1uni

I would turn to shape; dye with Dr. Martin's liquid watercolor and then seal with CA. I use this dye all the time. I use a dry sponge piece and put only a tiny amount of dye on it. Once I put the first layer on I let is dry for a few hours. Then I lightly sand it with 400 grit to remove any raised grain. I then redo the process again using only a tiny amount of dye. The range of colors available is amazing and I can mix it to get the color that I want. I can get many colors of pink or anything other color. You can mix it with water or white dye to get the desired color. It works real well on Maple.

plantman

Can anyone assist in my attempt to make pink pen tops for bullet pens from maple wood. Would you turn to shape, seal with thin ca glue, paint the pink and then finish with medium ca glue? Any info greatly appreciated.

:confused::confused: Could you maybe use pink ivory ? Straight grained with consistant color !! Jim S

Top Bottom