Pine cones- buds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

1_P1010012-2.jpg
This is a recent cast using small pine cones, actually they're more like pine 'buds'. They're tiny, but yet have great detail given the small 'canvas' that is the Sierra brass tube. Very experimental at this point, but I see potential with this type of casting combination. The solid cherry pen box is also of my own design. Hope you enjoy the pics and would encourage a comment or two from the viewer. TIA

Attachments

• GEDC0304.JPG
    GEDC0304.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 101
  • GEDC0306.JPG
    GEDC0306.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 108
  • GEDC0310.JPG
    GEDC0310.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 93
  • GEDC0314.JPG
    GEDC0314.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 105
  • GEDC0321.JPG
    GEDC0321.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Peter it looks good except for the chipping at the nib , I like the colors and every thing else, the pin holes aren't a big deal, it's nothing that some CA won't fill, How small are the pine cones/buds and how dry were they?? Love the box, I had a guy drop off about 15 BF of 3/4 cherry that will get made into a box or two,

wood-of-1kind

Peter it looks good except for the chipping at the nib , I like the colors and every thing else, the pin holes aren't a big deal, it's nothing that some CA won't fill, How small are the pine cones/buds and how dry were they?? Love the box, I had a guy drop off about 15 BF of 3/4 cherry that will get made into a box or two,

The pin holes are filled and the entire pen is a smooth as silk. The photography as usual can be better. I will reshoot some of the pics since the pen is much better than the presentation so far. The tiny 'buds' are dry as they come off the evergreen beside my shop and some are as small as a 'pea'. I also cast a small branch in the blank to give the illusion that the buds are clinging to it.:biggrin:

Attachments

• GEDC0306.JPG
    GEDC0306.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Top Bottom