Pierced Poplar Hollow Form

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Pierced Poplar Hollow Form. Just under 5" (12 cm) tall. Finished with Bush Oil and Polyurethane. Not bad for a hollowing demo made from a piece of a pallet

Attachments

• Poplar Pierced HF 01.jpg
    Poplar Pierced HF 01.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Great job...!

As for the "pallet" wood, I've seen overseas pallets made from woods that most of us would only dream to have to work with, what is those countries they see it as rubbish wood, is anything but, to many of us...!:wink::)

Cheers
George

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone, like George said it can be quite surprising what you find when you break up a pallet and turn it. I tend to have more fun with this surprise wood than the more predictably good stuff.

Rchan63

What is your method of applying the Bush oil and how long it took to dry? I've tried on a couple of mahogany bowls and it took 3-4 days before it dried. It was curing in my basement temp at around 70 and humidity around 60%. Nice piece of pallet wood.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks again

Rchan63, I wipe on the Bush Oil with a small scrap of cotton t-shirt let sit for 30 mins, re-apply and wipe down with paper towel after 15. It is dry enough to handle the next day, and ready for poly top coat after three. I wipe down with mineral spirits before poly.

Top Bottom