picture link of Iceland volcano

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HSTurning

I love the looks of the night eruptions.
Lighting is caused the same way more or less. Particles rubbing together causing static charges. Only in an eruption it is rock particles not water.
But I may be wrong and I know I will be corrected.
I know I knew this at one point but I notice the more I age the less I remember and that is not a good thing since I have a bad memory anyway.

tbroye

We have two here in Northern California that could go off. Mt Lassen went off in the early 1900's MT Shasta hasn't Erupted for thousands of years but is considered dormant as is Lassen. They belong to the same chain of Volcano's as Mt St Helen's, Rainer and Hood and I think the ones in Alaska.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This has been big news over here and caused chaos all over Europe because of flight restrictions( until today).
There was a great little article on telly that showed why it was so bad for jet engines. Everyone said it was primarily because of the abrasion of the ash, but it appears that this particular volcano dust turned to glass in the heat of the engine and sticks to the turbine blades. The turbines are absolutely perfectly balanced and apparently this would throw off the balance and potentially wreck the jet.
We have been warned that another dust cloud is headed our way. The plane companies are screaming like mad and saying that it was H&S gone mad and have lost billions because of the flight ban.

workinforwood

Thanks for sharing..those pictures are very amazing.

Apparently Steve, you haven't seen the movie 2012. Airplanes can fly through anything, anywhere and land or take off wherever, no problem. Heck, when Yellowstone erupted, an old beat up RV had no problem at all outrunning the pyroclastic cloud and it wasn't even driving on asphalt! So obviously this proves that the entire airline industry being grounded over there is a bunch of phooey! Probably a big government conspiracy, and I bet it was all started by the Queen of England because she didn't want to let the WWE wrestlers get back home in time for Monday night Raw. :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL Jeff, I watched that stupid film with my youngest son a couple of weeks ago. Only in Hollywood!!!:biggrin:

Edit in....

I've just remembered what those pics reminded me off. Those really cool spray paint pics that Most Angry Pirate showed us a while ago. Come to think of it...that's another person we don't see around here much or at all, anymore.:confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom