Pics from around Durango

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Here are a few pics I took when I went to Cortez and returned through Durango Co. This is a fantastic trip with the best scenery I have seen in a long time and a future vacation spot for loml and I. Hope you like them.

Attachments

• Durango 025.jpg
    Durango 025.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Durango 048.jpg
    Durango 048.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Durango 036.jpg
    Durango 036.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

I've been turning pens way too long! When I opened that first photo, the first thing that came to mind was, "WOW! Look at all those pen blanks!" My humble apologies. Those animals are much too beautiful to think like that. I understand the thought of returning for vacation. Wonderful country to explore.
Charles

Seer

I've been turning pens way too long! When I opened that first photo, the first thing that came to mind was, "WOW! Look at all those pen blanks!" My humble apologies. Those animals are much too beautiful to think like that. I understand the thought of returning for vacation. Wonderful country to explore.
Charles

You know I thought that to. I was going to title this future pen blanks but after seeing those elk and the country around there I was absolutely awestruck with it. I have been alot of places but these mountains and area are some of the best places I have been.

terryf

Lovely scenery - I have a place I like to go every year and do a bit of fly fishing. Always nice to find a place that makes you want to come back, for whatever reason :)

Attachments

• dullstroom_fishing.jpg
    dullstroom_fishing.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 122

bkersten

That center photo would be a great place to do some 1K+ yd long range
shooting. Of course it would have to be no less than.50 cal to make it interesting, and an ATV to go check the target. :)

Woodlvr

Beautiful pictures and those elk are awesome. I used to drive the million dollar highway year round delivering hardwoods out of Salt Lake City, Utah. That is definitely some of the most beautiful country in the US I think. I am jealous that you get to go fishing down there, I would love to learn to fly fish. Thanks for the pic's.

LeeR

I live in Fort Collins, a fair distance from Durango, so I do not visit the southwestern part of our state as often as I would like to.

I feel blessed to have lived in Colorado for almost my entire life, to have met my wife here, and for us to have raised our family here. There are many beautiful places in the USA, but I will admit just a bit of bias when I say I think most of them are here in Colorado ...

:tongue:

renowb

I used to drive through Cortez going to Utah. Loved that area! It is a beautiful up that way!

Haynie

That is an elk farm. It is going out of business if not already out of business, and for sale.

My parents moved to Cortez and we LOVE going up there.

Snowbeast

What are those gray fluffy things in the third pic?:confused:

Haven't seen anything like that in quite some time. I seem to remember seeing something like them before but can't recall that far back.:biggrin:

Top Bottom