Picaso Madness!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Another Jeff Powell blank via Exotics. Very satisfying to finally finish but WOW what a tough pen. Very tedious. Needed to glue a couple pieces back on and did a lot of work on the body with just sandpaper. Very satisfied with it. Not sure I would do another.

Enjoy. It worth a try at least once!! Thanks Jeff!

Martin

Attachments

• Picaso-1.jpg
    Picaso-1.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Picaso-2.jpg
    Picaso-2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Picaso-3.jpg
    Picaso-3.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Picaso-4.jpg
    Picaso-4.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Picaso-5.jpg
    Picaso-5.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Nice job Martin! I can only imagine the difficulty of that material, it appears that you did a fantastic job turning and assembling the pen.

wizard

Martin, I think it looks awesome !! That's about the most abstract piece of art that you could put on a pen! Thank you for showing! Doc

MartinPens

Definitely in a good way, Jeff. It was fun to turn, just had to keep my tool super sharp and go slow a couple of times when a particular color was coming to an end in the turning process. I had two small pieces separate off, but I kept the dust collector off so I could find them and glue them back on. (I wear a Trend Airshield). I enjoyed the shavings so much! They come off in thin colorful ribbons.

Thanks for the great blanks. I'm turning the electric guitar with fire next. : )

Regards,

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

wizard

Definitely in a good way, Jeff. It was fun to turn, just had to keep my tool super sharp and go slow a couple of times when a particular color was coming to an end in the turning process. I had two small pieces separate off, but I kept the dust collector off so I could find them and glue them back on. (I wear a Trend Airshield). I enjoyed the shavings so much! They come off in thin colorful ribbons.

Thanks for the great blanks. I'm turning the electric guitar with fire next. : )

Regards,

Martin

Martin, I have one of those too. What kind of kit are you going to put it on? I am waiting on a Black Ti Jr. Gent..Regards:).Doc

MartinPens

I don't know yet, Doc

I heard that the cap works best in larger diameters, but what is your experience? I think black Titanium is the way to go. Mine is going to a young college student with long hair and a gotee!! I was looking for something in titanium. I was also trying to think custom and use some African Blackwood. Let's see what happens!

Regards,

Martin

Top Bottom