piano ivory needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I have an old quartersawn oak piano that is missing one part of a key - the thin piece by the ebony is fine, but the square piece in front is missing.

It's genuine ivory, and thus is proving difficult to fix. Anyone have a small piece of ivory they've sourced from an old piano?

It's really a beautiful piano, apart from the yellowing keys and the missing one. I'm thinking of 'brushing it's teeth' with some toothpaste (hey, it works on teeth, why not ivory, eh?)

ANdrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

I have an old quartersawn oak piano that is missing one part of a key - the thin piece by the ebony is fine, but the square piece in front is missing.

It's genuine ivory, and thus is proving difficult to fix. Anyone have a small piece of ivory they've sourced from an old piano?

It's really a beautiful piano, apart from the yellowing keys and the missing one. I'm thinking of 'brushing it's teeth' with some toothpaste (hey, it works on teeth, why not ivory, eh?)

ANdrew

I've also heard of people cleaning yellowed ivory with baking soda or a water/lemon juice solution. Good luck!

Jgrden

ANdrew
I have piano key ivory. They are 4" by 1.3 cm or 4" by 1/2+". I use them for inlays as you can see. How can I help you with these? Are they the right size?
Pens - 1-24-11 One Piece Tuxedo.jpg

Pens - 3-9-11 Vertex Ebony Piano Ivory Red Jewel 1.jpg

Pens - 3-10-11 Piano Ivory Keys 1.jpg

Pens - 3-10-11 Piano Ivory Keys 2.jpg

Pens - 3-10-11 Piano Ivory Keys 3.jpg

Top Bottom