Phoenix, RN, duck, Queen of Hearts, and the boys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

As usual, I spend the end of the year trying to get everything finished by Christmas and the first month of the year trying to get caught up with donations and blank inventory. Its been nuts but since I had a little shop time turning my PITH pen I managed to squeeze in a couple others.

The first is one of my Cardistry blanks to fit the Phoenix pen. I thought this card worked well with the theme.

The second is an RN stamp on a maple background pen I finished for Christmas under a CA finish.

The third is a duck feather pen. I had this blank set aside for me but needed a pen last minute and didn't have time to cast one. I lose more blanks that way. lol

The fourth is a Queen Cardistry blank that I cast. It fit well on the Sierra.

The last picture is a couple of pens made for some out of town aunts that miss their nephews. I thought this would be a way to keep them closer. They are some of my cast blanks of printed pictures under polyresin.

I'm still working on my photography skills. lol
Thanks! John

Attachments

• phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 244
  • RN.jpg
    RN.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 251
  • duck feathers.jpg
    duck feathers.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Cardistry.jpg
    Cardistry.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 260
  • the boys.jpg
    the boys.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Thanks, yea the photo pens went over real well. They had just the right amount of color to pop. I think something like that would go over for Mothers Day. I just don't want to turn fun in to work by advertising.

law_kid

As a cardistry enthusiast myself with several hundred more decks than my wife would like, can I ask what deck that is on the Phoenix pen? Also, in general, how do you separate the back of the card from the rest of the card (I'm told this has to be done to get them to bend)? I've been considering trying my first casting, and clear resin card seemed like an obvious choice.

Superb work once again. The surprise for me is the Phoenix pen. I generally stay away from themed or ornate pens, but that card is a perfect match and makes it a great looking pen.

OZturner

Masterful Pens John,
Fantastic Blanks, on Ideal Hardware.
Love the Photograph Style, and the Phoenix is Outstanding.
Superb Craftsmanship, in both Casting and Pen Making.
Brian.

Top Bottom