Pheasant stamp pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I'm working along on my outdoorsman-themed stamp pens,here is how the Pheasant one turned out.I used Minnesota Pheasant stamps since That's where I'm from,and it reminds me of back home.Of all the stamps out there,these are my favorite pair.

About 50 os coats of ca on this one.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4957.JPG
    IMG_4957.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4961.JPG
    IMG_4961.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4963.JPG
    IMG_4963.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4968.JPG
    IMG_4968.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 99
Another beautiful stamp pen Steve. You could make these and take them to different events that are associated with the stamp and clean up on them! These pens look great and are nicely themed.. Why so many coats of CA do you cast them or is the entire process just CA over them?

Last edited:

ossaguy

Another beautiful stamp pen Steve. You could make these and take them to different events that are associated with the stamp and clean up on them! These pens look great and are nicely themed.. Why so many coats of CA do you cast them or is the entire process just CA over them?

Thanks Mike,

These stamps are pretty huge,for them to fit the tube needs to be about
.470'',which is too big for a bare tube that is then cast.They are pretty thick being a license,so after gluing and sealing it was .489'.I build it up to about .525'',then turn down to the finished .512''.It's not that bad,I got it down to about 45 minutes now unless I goof up.If I don't put that many coats on,you can feel the stamps as you glide your finger across it.I know it would be less coats with thick,but medium just works best for me.

Steve

Top Bottom