PH vise & DP table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I finally got around to finishing my drill press table and mounting the coveted Paul Huffman vise. Now I guess I should try things out.

2006494047_DP_table-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Nice job on the table, Kev. Now that I have my new DP adjusted and running like I want it, I need to finish mine.

I just noticed something. Is there a reason you have the blank notch toward the fence? That looks like it might be difficult to get the blanks out.

Dario

I agree with Billy. One of the best feature of this vise is the easy access in and out which is kind of defeated by the reversed mount...or is this only for a quick pic?

That is one fancy set up...good job!

dubdrvrkev

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Billy, He's left-handed... [:0] [:D][:p]

That is true. I also thought it might interfere with the handle if the handle on the vice ended up in the "up" position. I am just using hold downs so it can be flipped around and removed real easy.

For those that are interested here is a little step by step that looks pretty good. http://www.runnerduck.com/drill_press_table.htm

Randy_

Kevin: Is that a T-slot on the fence?? Looks a little different than the ones on the table. Maybe just because of the different color due to the lighting?? Thanks.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks guys.
Randy, it is Incra t-track, yeah it is a little odd color and I found that all the over the counter t-track stuff is a little wide for it. Nothing a quick trip to the grinder doesn't fix. But on the upside, a 1/4-20 bolt head is what its designed to fit which is cheaper than the t-track bolts/nuts.

Frank, its not that I take 'pen' turning all that serious I just got tired of clamping stuff to my table. It serves an added benefit as a infeed for my router table with a few cranks down to make it the right height.

Dario

Oscar,

That is the much coveted Paul H vise. Check this thread...

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom