Personal Gloat......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I just got back from my daughter's teacher's conference (to those who don't know I have a wonderful 7 yr old daughter who is the apple of my eye)....
She is in first grade, but is taking all her language arts classes in second grade...
The second grade teacher informed us that she is reading at 4th grade level and improving faster than any other student in the class.. she took the County Reading Assessment test and scored 90%... highest in her class... the teacher told us the only thing keeping her from being in second grade all day is her math skills are just slightly below second grade level...
We then met with the first grade teacher and were told that she is doing great in math and can do all the problems, but just can't explain the answers... she called it conceptual math... in other words she can do the math problems but can't explain what it means or how she got the answer ...
DANG IT ... I had to ask the teacher what she meant.. [:p][:p]
When I was in first grade (51 yrs ago), we never heard of conceptual math... we were told to add up a bunch of numbers and if we got it right we were good to go....
All in all I am a very proud Daddy right now and just wanted to share it with you all....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lkorn

Tom, are you sure that your heart can take all this praise for Mary? I afraid you'll have some sort of collapse when she graduates from grammer school[:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by lkorn
<br />Tom, are you sure that your heart can take all this praise for Mary? I afraid you'll have some sort of collapse when she graduates from grammer school[:)]
Larry, I turned 57yrs old in October... Mari will be 7 in December ... I honestly believe if it were not for my wife and my daughter, I might not have made it this far...
Took me almost 50 yrs to screw up a perfectly good body the Lord gave me... and seconds after my daughter was born to start rebuilding it... a project that may never be completed, but at least has a purpose...

Scottydont

Thats a gloat more worthy than any of the beautiful pens you make Griz. I have a son who is 6 and a sharp wipper snapper too. Proud Daddy moments are priceless.

woodbutcher

I'm proud of you Tom for being such a good daddy to your daughter. In this day when so many won't even recognise the fact they are fathers your story is a breath of fresh air. I have 9 kids. 3 are mine, 3are my wifes and 3 are kids no one wanted. They keep me young and are all the best. I just never understood having children and not loving them. I for one enjoy the updates, have a good day,
Jim [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom