Perfect Fit in Box Elder Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cdcarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

I'm putting this one up because we don't seem to get a lot of Perfect Fits. Maybe they're just not all that photogenic. I did this one in a piece of Box Elder Burl.

perfectfit800.jpg

Honestly, I don't do many burls. They just don't sell that well. (Neither do Perfect Fits either, for some reason.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louisbry

Beautiful pen with nice fit, finish and color match. I like the Box Elder Burl, but am curious as to why they don'nt sell well. Is it the extra cost or folks just like the woods they are familiar with best?

cdcarter

Beats me, Louis. It's all cigars, all the time. I guess part of it is so many of my orders come from people who've seen somebody else writing with one of my pens, and I have more cigars out there than anything. And I think maybe cost difference is a factor. I sell cigars at $35, and this is $40.

Originally posted by louisbry
<br />Beautiful pen with nice fit, finish and color match. I like the Box Elder Burl, but am curious as to why they don'nt sell well. Is it the extra cost or folks just like the woods they are familiar with best?

Marc Phillips

That's a beauty!

I guess if we could figure out what the buying public wants we would be so rich we wouldn't care what the buying public wants!

Man, that was deep! [:p]

gwilki

I think it's beautiful, Carl. I've sold more of that kit than any others. (Not that I've sold many of anything.) I think the perfectfit has the best transmission out there, and the women seem to like the shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom